This fine 30 km / 18 miles evening ride was much enjoyed by 4 club members including new member Andrew on 18/06.

Outbound follows tracks and minor roads on the south of the Tyne Valley and the return leg on similar trails and roads brought very pleasantly us back to the start at Tyne Green, Hexham. Note the typical stone farmhouses probably 17C and Newbrough church dating back to 1242 whereas the chapel was built in 1876. Haydon bridge at Haydon Bridge over the River South Tyne was first built in 1309 then rebuilt in 1776 – Hexham bridge was built in 1793.